Stripped : Mickey Factz

After tons missed emails,interviews missed and missed phone calls. I got to sit down with one of the Sexiest men in GFC (Kwazz, Mickey, Nakim are my top 3, but remember this is my opinion) to talk about life, liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Read along and get to Know Mickey Factz as he tells you about his life and how dreams are real, Konichiwa Bitches!!!!! Rain-What is your background? Who are you? Mickey Factz- Well, I'm Mickey Factz and my band members make up G.F.C.Which is my team of friends/family. They are helping me to succeed in this business. We have Saint my manager, Steve-O my A&R, Precize my Producer, Lakita my Personal Assistant, Kwazz my Stylist, Whytebone my Engineer and Nakim the Next Best Thing. Together we make G.F.C. I'm the voice and face of our brand. Rain-Why do you want to record and release your own music?
Mickey Factz-I have a natural love for music. This is my job. Who do you know works for free? I can't name one person who works for free and enjoys it. Even people who intern wanna get paid eventually and those who volunteer, most times have a job. I'm talented at crafting lyrics and I feel I should be paid to do so. As well as entertain.
Rain- Who are your fans? Mickey Factz-Those who enjoy quality music. I take time in creating the perfect scenario over a beat. I've released 5 mixtapes to date. I have yet to receive lop-sided reviews. I put my all into making the best possible music I can make. The fans and customers are those who appreciate what their money is worth.
Rain-What are your songs about? What specific themes do they cover? Mickey-I try to cover every topic that comes to my mind. Alot of songs the people hear is about fashion and bragging. I get flack for it alot. But it's like, other rappers gloat about crime, pimping, and everything else negative under the sun. If I wanna be conceited a lil bit, I feel I can. Especially when I do it with skill.
Rain-Do you write your own songs? What is the songwriting process? Mickey-Of course I write my own songs. Lol. Sometimes somebody might inspire me by giving an idea and then I take and expand. But as far as lyrics, thats all me. What I like to do, is take a beat and become one with it for about 3 to 4 days. Then it just starts flowing because its been with me for so long. I'm not someone who likes to rush at all.
Rain-Who are your musical influences? Mickey-I grew up mimicking Michael Jackson. Every kid did. I also loved Big Daddy Kane. The dance moves he did were amazing. As I got older the range varied from Run DMC to Aerosmith to Stevie Wonder to Kid N Play to all Gospel. I dip and dab in all of it.
Rain-How do you describe your music to people? Mickey-I describe it as the resurrection of Hip Hop. The reason to want to listen and rewind music again. It's more than great layers of music. It's a combination of voice, lyrics, music, swag and delivery. I possess all of that. I like to to call it perfection.
Rain-What image do you think your music conveys? Mickey-It definitely displays dominance and sometimes it displays exclusiveness. When you see me, I'm in something exclusive and that portrays dominance thru leadership.
Rain-What are your immediate music career goals? (Next 1 to 3 years.) Mickey-Releasing an album and making sure GFCsounds is lifted off of the ground spear headed by me and Saint. Being successful and continuing to create great music.
Rain-What are your long-term career goals? Mickey-Long term goals are for me and my team to be well off. As well as my family. I wanna do about 3 albums and then venture into owning businesses.
Rain-How would you define the word "success"? Mickey-Success is when you look back over your life and see what you've become and your satisfied by it. In terms of yourself. When other people view you as successful that all depends on how each person views success. Me personally, I wanna be on a stamp. I wanna do shows at the Olympics. I wanna meet ambassadors. That's being successful. When the world knows who you are. Not just New York.
Rain-Are you looking for an independent label deal or a major label deal? Why? Mickey-I want my record to be released by a Major Label. I know the stories of not making enough money and all that. I still want to be seen by the american people. I'm not at all concerned about being uber rich. As long as I'm comfortable.
Rain-What live performance experience have you had? Any industry showcases? Mickey-Industry showcases aren't for me. What does that do for you? Honestly. If I have to pay to perform somewhere, It wasn't meant for me to be there. I've performed in every borough so far. I just came from china. I will never do an industry showcase unless I'm getting paid or I'm the feature artist.
Rain-How do you rate your live performance ability? Mickey-I would have to say I rate it a 7.5 I give a GREAT show. However there is sooooooooo much more than can be done in a show. It's about keeping the crowd entertained. I'm learning that day by day. I wanna add dance routines, lights, smoke, jokes, crowd participation. I wanna do it all. My energy and ability to control the crowd is down pat. It's all about the entertainment factor now with me.
Rain-Have you recorded any previous CDs/Tapes? Which studios? Who produced it? Mickey-I've recorded in so many spots. I've released 5 cd's. Bottles up!, Kings Of The Bronx, In Search Of The N.E.R.D., Flashback Vol. 1, Heavens Fallout. The bulk of my material was recorded at Whytebone Studio's. Sounds better than most records out there.
Rain-Have you had any previous print or broadcast media exposure or reviews? Mickey-Yes I have. I was on Sirius Satellite Radio, Frank 151, Fader Japan, Trace Mag, Mtv.com, Countless blogs, HipHopDx.com , sooooo many others. Too much to name. Who handles your daily business activities? (Bookings, promotions etc.) Me and Saint handle most of my business from day to day. Lakita my P.A. keeps a daily calendar of my activities.
Rain-Do you believe that music, as an art form, has a power to change or influence the world, whether for better or worse? Mickey-Music is the quintessential movement for most people in the world. So I would have to say yes, its for the better and for the worse. In both ways. You have songs like We Are The World, then you have songs by Marylin Manson. They effect people in different ways.
Rain-How do you feel about the current balance between positive, progressive hip-hop and the more mainstream sound? Mickey-I feel everybody has their sound. Whatever works for you, run with it. I have no opinion in it because I'm trying to create my own sound for the masses.
Rain-How has the hip-hop game changed most in the past years? What do you think of the current state of the genre? I think evolution is happening to Hip Hop all the time. At this point the South has the game on smash and their churning out one hit wonders. But I feel this is their time to shine. Let them do them. It won't last for long. No dynasty in no genre of business ever holds a strong hold of power for too long. So I'm not worried. Just waiting for the next shift in music.
How do you plan to distance himself from other new rappers? I'm already in a distance when it comes to new rappers. They are all talking about the same idiocy. While I show progression in fashion and music. So I ain't worried a tad bit who's new or who's old.
What type of style of rap would you most likely fit?(backpack rapper, gangsta/hood, etc.) My style has yet to be defined. And honestly I can't be classified as of yet. So this question is irrelevant to me and my movement.
What rapper would u most compare ur style to? My reflection and shadow. I draw inspirations from everybody. You can hear a lil of everybody in my music. And honestly there's nothing wrong with that. We all draw inspirations from somebody. It's just sad when you try to create something out of that, your just 'biting'. Was Michael Jackson biting Jackie Wilson and James Brown? No he was merely paying tribute and trying to solidify his position as a great entertainer.
How does you feel about older rappers trying to come back out?(EPMD,Keith Murray,Bone Thugs,KRS One and Marley Marl) I like shit like that. We are the only genre that doesn't accept our founding fathers. Hopefully Jay can change that around.
How do you feel about newer MCs and southern dudes?(Lupe, Hurricane Chris, Plies, Rich Boy) Everybody has their chance to shine. I hope they can stay afloat when I enter the game.
How do you feel about battle rappers and would you ever do the SMACK type thing? I love battle rappers. Its exhilarating watching that kind of exhibition. I wouldn't do that kind of thing. I could, but I won't. It's a great thing to see however.
Who would you want to do a song with in the industry? Jay-Z, Big Daddy Kane and Rakim. Thats all. If your from overseas get at me
Rain-I heard that there is a beef between you and Kanye West Whats all that about?There is no beef with Kanye and I. Beef is when you see somebody you wanna hurt em. When I see Kanye again, its all love. Some slang was taken from me. That doesn't constitute as beef. He came to one of our parties, I went to his bday party...walked the red carpet and all that, went to his video premier. So its not beef.

Rain-What is the Difference between "Bottles up" "Kings of the Bronx" and the New Mixtape " Heavens Fallout"? That's just simple progression. Bottles up was reckless music. No direction, no sound. Plus I had a different name at that time. Kings of the Bx was the 1st mickey factz mixtape. I did it with j'von bishop. Frankly, I think lyrically and sonically heavens fallout is in a league of their own.

Rain- On the Track " BedTime Story" off of the last mixtape you talk about 19 years olds having clothing lines, Where do think Fashion is today because of these Lames? I didn't say just 19 year olds. I was speaking on people in general doing themselves a disservice by doing something they're not. I have nothing against a tee-shirt line. But don't call it a clothing line. As far as fashion goes, its time to let go of the 80's. Like seriously when we get older are our children gonna say wow our parents did the same thing the 80's did. Or are we gonna start our own shit. Come on man.

Rain-What Clothing Lines do you support? Which ones do you rock? At the moment I'm on some other shit because people see what I wear and try to flow with it. So now its rocksmith, supra sneakers, cockpit, 13 month denim, penfield, y-3, yoko devearax. Watch late next year everybody start rocking these lines. Any money bet. Rocksmith and y3 been doing it. But watch the others pop.

Rain-Speaking of the Girls... (this is all one question) I love how u never forget the ladies.... "Take it Off", " The way she dances", " Stay together", and my Favorite " You Remind me".....Are you Single??? I'm married to music. I can never forget the ladies tho, I have to show love to them on every release of mine because its life. Men and women co-exist why not talk about it in music. Aint like we aint all go thru it.

Rain-What do you look for in your Juanita Applebottem? An applebottom, intelligence and class. Point blank

Mickey is Definitely a Character and chill person xoxo! Continue to support him and GFC! Check out some more of his music out on his myspace page http://www.myspace.com/itzmickey and don't forget to download the new MixTape "Heaven's Fallout" @http://www.gfcny.com

0 comments: